Friday, May 4, 2007

To hell and back




Thursday's dirt went up the venerable Hell climb. I had not gone up that in a decade. That bugger is steep. Brought back memories of a young me on a Bridgestone MB 0. Then we went out to power lines just to make sure that we got a few more gravity defying pitches. Hey, Cat Scratch Fever this weekend, so I should be prepared for the steeps.

For the ups and downs, click here

Just a simple ride up the coast today. A few digs to loosen up the legs.

Should be grading, but decided to spend some money I don't have, ordering a new seatpost. Ya see, my buddy at Time apparently misunderstood me, and sent me some new road pedals. I needed dirt pedals, cuz mine aren't keeping my feet in place. Well, I did want new pedals (love campy, but their pedals suck), but this means that I need to lower my seat. One problem, seatpost seized. Why do they put that damned clear coat on carbon seatposts? Chips, then seals into the seat tube. Anyway, if I ever get this one out, I will have a new one, without clearcoat. Plus, it won't then have a post that goes down to my bottom bracket (screwed up by going to the wrong shop in Lawrence Kansas (Sunflower is the right one)). Ah toys.

TIme, now, to slap some chicken on the grill, beer in my gut, and then get to some grading. Grading. Oh, fucking grading.

2 comments:

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

thompson elite -- the best seat post in the world (imho)

dr-nitro said...

Got me a Token. Was thinking of getting a Campy Record, since now that I am old, vanity is really important to me, and I need to complete my kit. Plus, I really hate the yellow on my Easton post's decal (VANITY). Anway, ebaying led me to an off brand that was fairly cheap, but really light, and all carbon. Looks kinda cool, and says TOKE, since the N is in the seat tube. Hee hee hee, it says TOKE.

I do have the thopson elite on my mt bike. Do love the adjustment. But, they's ugly. Once again, VANITY.