Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Motivation, logit regression, and political participation

What motivates me? Good weather and thoughts of riding. Couldn't slip that into class this morning, so just went over Maslow's hierarchy, Hertzberg, and other stuff. And tossed in a little groupthink for fun. And no one wanted to play in on the application of groupthink to the decision to invade Iraq.

Now, sitting here, in the absolutely perfect weather, I am changing gears (unfortunately not on my bike) to get ready to go over logit regression at noon. It’s so bloody simple, really. Okay, maybe not. But it is only an undergrad course, so I don’t see me going the full 2 hours. Especially since I don’t have a computer projector to run analyses on. Tech school my ass.

So, is it possible to squeeze in a ride in between logit lecture and tonight’s lecture on political participation? Dog walk = 40 mins. To and from campus = 25 mins. Decompression ~ 40 mins. I’ve got three hours between class and office hours before the 6pmer, so maybe.

But of course, I do need to get ready to discuss the threat that declining participation poses to democracy. Riding looking slim as always on Wednesday. At least I’m back in Cali, so I can be pretty confident that I will motivated by good weather tomorrow.

No comments: