Friday, May 25, 2007

Duh

Okay, no surprise, the big Dane got the yellow in 96 by pumping up his red. Of all the winners in the 90's, he clearly would be the most suspect.

The suprise, that he confessed. But is that even a surprise?

The light has been shining on the sport long enough now, that it is high time that they come out of the wood work.

And maybe I'm an one of them cock-eye optimists, but I think that this is good. And, in a strange way, the big Dane has the cred to take on the dope. I don't think that he got up in the morning, all excited by getting his next EPO, HGH, corto and whatever else fix. And I can buy that he'd like his kids clean.

There will be more drama to come. And I will still have to respond to those who don't bleed the sport like me that it is not cycling, it is professional sports that have a problem. But I think that cycling is the first sport to go through the 12 step program to clean up. We are going past the denial phase now.

No comments: