Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Insomniac

Maybe it’s cuz I did not post the normal Tuesday ride review. Maybe cuz it’s that I am getting a faculty review tomorrow. Maybe it’s I’m not quite prepped for my 8-8 day tomorrow.

So, here we go. The Tuesday ride seemed harder than normal this week. Maybe I still have dead legs from riding them six feet under on Saturday at b-hills. Or, that I just can’t seem to get my saddle height to feel right after the pedal and seat swap. I swear it is below where I had it before (according to my super special tool), but it feels high. Maybe I’m high. Anyway, this big, enthusiastic, tri-guy added his muscle to the ride. He gave me the slip going up the Col de Turri, and I, more or less, set Ozzie up to take him out over the top. No KOM for me today. On the way down, there was a big regroup. Way too big if you ask me, but no one is. And, while we did not have the speed of last week on LOVR (wind was a bit abnormal), it hurt. The tri-kid put the hurt on, and I just tried to stay glued to the tri-guy's wheel. Try as I might, I could not up the ante. Oh well.

Oh yeah, Kenny’s back, but he did not make the ride. Kick ass on the TTT win in Italy BMC boys.

On the professional stuff. Peer evaluations. Fun. This is where a faculty member sits in on your class. Survived it before wit flying colors, but it still seems an odd process. I am really not too worried, but I could have a bad day. Especially if I am up late doing the stupid blogging thing. The sit in just happens to coincide with the day I assigned the students to read an article of mine. So, seeing that I’ve published in the area of performance management, and that is the topic, who the heck can question my authority? Hmm? Me, maybe. It is one of those areas where there is a lot of talk, and all the management solutions are just about beating one’s chest and saying you're right. So wait, I’ve published something in the area, so all I have to do is go in and beat my chest tomorrow morning. Maybe I should bring some bananas to toss around as well.

Okay, will this cure my insomnia if I hit the publish button. I hope it does, cuz the alarm is going off in 5 hours.

3 comments:

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

i hear ya, brother.

i hear ya.

Kimberly (aka. DrKim) said...

good luck! I'm sure your review will go great. AS someone who has survived that type of thing...a bit of nerves actually makes it better I think! Just like a bike race...get the adrenaline up and give the fun lecture! Just have fun! :-)

dr-nitro said...

Insomnia zapped my adrenaline. Nevertheless, it went alright. The irony is, I know that my evals were better that the evaluator. And, without going into the bizzaro land situation I am in, which was made more bizzaro with some info that was dropped on me last night (possibly the insomnia cause) and tonight, I am simply having a hard time time keeping a straight face. That said, I generally get the fun stuff going, even in required classes that students don't generally like. And given the info I was given tonight, I have a bit more motivation to take it up a notch in the classroom. Kids, here I come.

And tonight, I sleep.