Sunday, April 29, 2007

Shoot 'em up.

No firestone for me. Can't see dropping the big change for a NORBA license that I might only use once this year. Plus, I have work to do to prep for tomorrow (clearly what I am doing now).

And seeing that I was not going to be racing, I went ahead and drank a few last night. Part of that, though, was fueled by talking to some grad students about mess of a program that I am trying to land a permanent position in. What a quandry. The progam is a wreck, so why would I want to be part of it? However, I see what it might be, and I want to fix it. Unforturnately, those who are driving the train off the cliff are making the hiring decisions. Oh, gotta love the academy. Might have to exit to the real world soon.

Anyway, back to riding. The first option got called off. Some excuse by Gavin about a client or something or another. Option 2, standard Sunday dirt ride. When I get there, it is only Dean waiting. Good enough. Dean has not been riding that much, so he will match my lazy, hangover (or at least feeling slow) state of mind. Up shooters, down Botanicala and Morning Glory. Good enough for me. And again, here's what the toy said I did.

Going up shooters feels a bit slow, but by golly, Dean is really slow. No problem, though, seeing that i do enjoy the quiet time atop the hill looking out hte Chorro Valley and down the coast. Dean's pace was a function of his back tightening up. After a little thought, he decides to ride it out over to Botanical at least.

Nothing too eventful coming down. I really do need to change out the pads, though, cuz things are getting a little sketchy in the braking dept.

So, race free weekend. Kinda nice. It will be Cat scratch fever next week. But in the mean time, gotta work. Social Equity lecture at 8am, experimental design at noon, and watch them take an exam at 6, so I only have to decide what questions to toss at them. Maybe a little Madison's federalists 10, seperation of power v. parlaimentary system.

2 comments:

Henri said...

school is cool, and ya ain't no fool for not sucking dust in Sant Ynez. but I am fried crispy and Gato Hill is makin' my legs tired thinking about it

dr-nitro said...

I know school is cool, but unfortunately there are those who are spooling the fun. I continue to get support from students, but have a serious road block from at least one persuasive, if not questionable, faculty member does not see my contribution to the department, or is afraid of it.