Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Double dose and a new toy

Tuesday, so we all know what that means, mini noon race/not race.

First, I'll admit it, I am scared by tri guys. Especially when they wear something that looks like a valley gal with hang over between the singlet and shorts. Oh my, fashion faux pas. Anyway, a tri guy shows up, and a few others that made me feel a bit elitist. Oh well, time to ride, and ride hard.

The rotating on the way out was a bit disorganized. To be expected. However, tri guy was not so bad, but I could not get over the flesh squeezing out between his top and bottom. Stretch marks and all.

Going up to the Col de Turri, it happens again, they sit on me before the bump. And again, most of them will be adios. Over the kicker, the kid hits it again. Ken tries to get him, but he remembers he likes the flats. He and I go over togther and catch the kid.

Kick ass tailwind today on LOVR means that it will be high speed boogie time. When the kid pulls off, I do the subtle dig to make life a little difficult for him to get back on. Apparently this puts the hurt on Ken a bit. I knock it hard coming home and feel pretty good. Sure, I let them have the sprint, but I put in some good pulls making some hurt. Good stuff.

Now, Kenny and all who rode the TOC got a little Garmin toy. He does not want it, and I don't need it, but want it. So, I drop him some change and take it home. So, I must check it out, and take up ol' Sterl McB. on his Tuesday evening mt ride (after all, I might be doing a mt bike race this weekend for some idiot reason). Anyway, hit Madonna (really is Cerro San Luis) with Sterl and Brian. For a look (those who might be interested), click here. Gotta love new toys.

3 comments:

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

sabine's got one of them dookickies and loves it something firey.

cool.


oh, and definitely hit the Kobe burger at the Firestone Brewery in Buellton if you do that dirtywork.

it's heaven on a bun, baby.

dr-nitro said...

Yeah, it is a total time sucking, but fun toy. It will also make for fun race reports, since you can track speed changes (wait mine happen very slowly) and all that jazz. You can also put your rides into it into Google Earth. Again, mucho time suck.

Velo Bella said...

Garmin + Google earth = too many hours wasted (especially if you've used it while mtbing the not so legal trails....)

I totally love that little bugger.