Sunday, April 1, 2007

I Was On Top of SLO County, or No I Did Not Race

So, now that I've done a couple of races, I guess that is all I'm good for.

"Nick, are you racing this weekend?" "Nick, where did you race this weekend?" said time and time again. Regardless of me saying time and time again that I was celebrating my friend's b-day out in the middle of now where, without any race numbers, primes, sprints, etc.

However, it might have been easier on my body if I went racing. The belgium beers do a number on you, especially when you starting drinking at 4.

Ah well, even though I woke up with a sore back (thermarest was not that restful), woozey head, and a stomache that was a bit in a knot, it was worth it. Dry out there at Carizzo Plains, no wild flowers, and fairly boring technical wise ride up and down to and from Caliente Peak, but still pretty majestic views down on the valleys (picture coming). And good company.

Back in the class in a few hours.

Back on bike Tuesday.

And for those asking, "yes, I will race this weekend at Copperopolis."

No comments: