Friday, April 13, 2007

Corkscrewed

Is it in my head, or is it not in my legs? I could get me self up the steep part of the pitch on the Laguna Seca circuit no problem. And when Pizza man Phipps kept on popping it, and I'd hop on no prob, except for when it flattened out over the top. Ouch city.

I let him go, though, once, thinking that he might wear himself out a bit. Okay, that kinda worked. Let him out there for two laps, then hit it on the bottom of the climb and pulled the TGIF guy and Alaska man up the steep pitch, but then TGIF guy weezed by me with Alaska man in tow. Dig, no dig. They're gone down the screw and I'm a lonely boy.

Wait. Did I let that happen? Argh!

How embarrassing. Like a damned broken record. Me lacking the kick. Kinda makes for the irony for my handle. Don't let the kids call me doc, and don't got the kick of the nos.

Alright, so sit back and see of they can be brought back, but you know it ain't so. Save some juice, then, and give 'em the slip on the final pop up. Bell rings, bell hill, ring their bells. I gave my group the slip, and it looked good. I also realized that since I had more of a kick on the bottom of the steep, than over the top that I should have worked that in earlier. Too late now, need top five.

Get down the hill, then crank up the hill by the pits and it's still looking good, even though it is not feeling good. Going by the pits, they are chasing, but I should get it. Pain, pain, pain around the final bend, but that gap has not yet succumbed to my pain. Coming over the line blue and red streaks by on my left and I get nipped for fourth. Who cares, I get 5th. Race paid for. And, at the tummy eater classic, it's good for a podium stop and a medal. Nothing more.

Of course, for the big money entry fee you pay, you get the serious pro organization. Only had to wait 2.5 hours to get a kiss and a medal.

Race fee $55
Top five team pays

Gas ~$30
~$30 worth of Cytomax stuff

Run into Gilles at the Time booth
New pair of mtb pedals

So, it looks like my return to the tummy eater (it was not the classic the first time I did it since it was the first time they put it on) was a profitable one. Even got some interval training in.

1 comment:

Henri said...

hey, at least ya got a kiss.... last night I was to late for the swag bag but snagged a cool medal for 5th,... somehow they DQed Lindsay. it alway funny at See Outer..... next up Santa Cruz