Sunday, April 15, 2007

Six Hours in a Car for 40 Minutes of Racing, Not Today

I thought that I would have some team mates to hitch a ride to SC, but no go. So, as much as I wanted to do the SC Classic, I could not convince myself that a solo drive up and back was worth it. I went to bed thinking that maybe I would, but I forgot to set the alarm clock (intentional maybe), so that answered that quesiton. Had my coffee, watched the Gran Prix of Bahrain (it's turning out to be a good year in f1 even without King Schumi), and walked the little one.

Road ride or standard Sunday dirt session? Screw the skinnies.

So, it was the trails today. Probably got more of a workout than a short crit. Hit it hard on shooters, rolling especially hard over the top, giving me a good hill workout and plenty of time to enjoy the view and watch Sterl and the rest of the group come up.



Then hit the bumps on TV tower road hard as well.

On the way down Pick 'n Shovel, La Trinidad and Dairy Creek, it was full shake and bake heading down. Lost a bit of an edge going over the rocks, spending too much time on the skinnies the last few weeks, but it was still eye-watering pace down Dairy Creek.

And since Dean took a shortcut, he made for a nice carrot on Hiway 1, putting me into chase mode for a couple k.

I have to say, that I kinda wish I was hitting that climb up 3rd street in SC, but it will be there next year. Maybe I will too.

1 comment:

Henri said...

skinny tires work great on dirt. hear there is a great mtb race in SB in a couple of weeks, you got any word on it

henryk@econotree.com