Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Carrots

It's Tuesday again, which must mean lunch time is suffer time.

Heading out, in fact, kinda realized that I should have been eating lunch instead of expending calories that I seemed to be low on. Too stressed to remember to eat, I guess.

Heading out, rotating peacefully, Kenny boy decides that he does not like the organization of things and lets a few rip. This makes for a quaint group of 7 rotating out to MB. Mui Bueno. Better workout, and a bit safer.

On the Turri flats, me and the new young speed demon find ourself off the front. Maybe, then, he will take a turn going up. But wait, Ken and a few others come up and roll through. I can't wait, though. Hill, me push, uhg. But today, the kid has more kick, or I have less. He gaps well, and good ol' Frankie M gets me a bit too. Pretty sure that I did not put myself in full pain. Just did not feel it.

Going over, the kid lets it rip and me and Frankie hook up. After chasing him all the way down LOVR, I'm making the prediction that he'll come back from Lawrence KS with something. Maybe even some stars and stripes. I put some serious digs in, but we could not get him back. The three behind could not get us, so I figure that it we were not piddling about.

Of course, Ken decided to sit out the chase. Things would have been different. And C. Black notes that if I would have dropped back, we would have caught the kid. However, it is a traing ride. It's not about tactics, those you can do on a chalk board, it is about pushing your limits. And boy, that boy made me push my limit. So close. Oh so close.

No comments: