Friday, March 30, 2007

And on Friday the Cycling God Said Let There Be a Coffee Ride

Oh, my legs thanked me today.

No chasing li'l Luc.

No pacelines or city limit sprints.

No epic HC cols.

Just a friendly, easy spin that finishes on the patio of Uptown Espresso.

Okay, Dirk forgot how to do the coffee ride for just a stretch on Price Canyon, but for the most part, it was exactly what it should be, slow, slow, slow.

Kinda makes me wonder why I don't ride that pace everyday?

Oh yeah, I'm sick in the head, and I'm obsessed about keeping the same pant size I've had for 20 years. Plus, it's just plain fun to go fast.

More climbing this weekend. 5100' dirt col. And beer. Copious amounts of beer out in the middle of nowhere while celebrating my friend getting oh so close to a half a century old. Leave the racing to the fools, for this weekend.

1 comment:

Henri said...

Shoot, I'm fifty one in April and I weigh the same I did in college (football chubbed me u p in high school) and I still have a full head of hair. Must be I wear jeans all the time.