Friday, June 22, 2007

Looking at Pro Cycling Through Dope Colored Lenses

UCI looking for men in Black.
Levi rode Copperopolis in an all black kit.

Vino good day, bad day, good day.
Dr. must have not been able to get to the hotel room the night before bad day.

Valv having stomach problems, says that it might interfere with tour prep.
Ulcers caused by stress of losing the protection that Spain's legal system has given him up to this point. He'll be playing fetch with Piti in July.

Christ, been looking through the lenses for over 20 years. Alexi and poppy seed muffins and antihistamines. Delgado and masking agents on IOC banned list but not on UCI list. Lance loosing a ball to roids (okay, this is only peleton gossip).

But it feels so bad now. Like a guilty pleasure I can't quite deal with. Am I to blame for tuning in to the sites and VS's crappy coverage? But if I don't, the sport dies. I want to see the speedsters in spandex duke it out, but what happens when the race is over? Argh.

And like an addict, I keep saying that it is getting better. But is it? The culture seems to be cracking, and that is a start. Teams actually seem to be taking measures to protect the riders, instead of wink wink, push shove, dope 'em up and let 'em race until they drop. Maybe I should actively seek out the products of those teams to show my support. What does Slipstream sell anyway?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Slipstream is JV's managing company, nothing to sell.

dr-nitro said...

I know.

Anonymous said...

Good post.