Thursday, June 21, 2007

Dizzy Time

Love 'em. Abso-f#$&ing-lutely love 'em. Crits. Round and round, corner after corner, usually free of gravity, and just long enough to get warmed up.

So, that's why I'm thinking that I should do 4 in one weekend, prosies geezers, geezers prosies. What the heck. Kinda like some submersion therapy. Maybe after the upteenth million lap, my brain might associate the silly event with something that I like. You know, kinda Pavlovian, or something like that. Of course, there would have to be some sort of pay off.

Podium glory.
That's a stretch.

Big cash pay off.
Stretching some more.

The roar of the adoring fans.
The elastic is breaking.

Ah well, why the heck would I want to stick around the slumhole of SLO county when I could bathe in the glory that is Stockton, with a Burlingame chaser?

Racing calls, and I drool.

5 comments:

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

"bathe in the glory that is Stockton"


... i'm pretty sure those words have never been uttered before.

pedro said...

with 10k on the line, funny thing is, someone WILL be bathing in stockton glory soon enough... I bet it's a berry!

dr-nitro said...

But they've put "It's happening in Soledad" on a billboard.

Marco Fanelli said...

Having grown up in Stockton, I'm well qualified to say "it's a great place to be from!"

Interpret that however you like.

The downtown area where the crit will be is 100X better than when I lived there. The town's intent is good... infilling rather than urban sprawl. (Actually, they're doing both...)

Good luck Nick!

Unknown said...

It's Happening IN Soledad!

HAHAHA one of my all-time faves