Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Do they make 10t

Finally got to put the new 11t to use (albiet it is coupled with three t less up front).

Big wind today made for some slow going heading up 1 during the first 1/2 of the Tuesday mini race.

But once we flipped it, it was high gear time. Some how found myself a bit off the front at the foot of the Col de Turri. No good. Little Lucas E surely would be showing me his cute argyle clad rear soon as he zipped by, and Kenny "mullet no more" h might be revving up his sprinter's legs to zip by. But wait, Lucas came up to say hi, then zipped back to the group behind. They're playing with me. Dig deep while you got the gap. Got to get the jump in my legs anyway. Over the top, and the polka dot is mine. A handy dose of lactic acid to the legs was also in order. Redland's must have taken its toll on Lucas and Oz's legs. And hey, Ken's a sprinter, and a col is a col.

Down the back side is surely where I am going to hurt, trying to hop on the speedster's wheels as we paceline down LOVR with a 30mph wind smacking our spandex clad booties. Other than a few tough turns as first, it was no problem. Had to be the new red hoops.

Winding up for the final sprint, I figure I would get some practice for leading out the payne man for the sprint in the next crit. 50/11, head down, rocking it for what it is worth, I give it a heeve hoo for about .75 k. Coming up on 250m, only two on my rear. No Ken zipping around. Just little Luc and Craig N. Hmm, let's hear it for the 11t. That, and maybe a little race fitness is creeping in .

Longer daze the next two daze. And, Ken for some reason, wants to attack the Fig, not once, but twice on Thursday. Yummy. 18 miles of epic climbing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool

I'm going to have to drive over and do a mid-week ride with y'all pretty soon.

The mid-week croud here is not into the long ride thingy.

ms

dr-nitro said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dr-nitro said...

Well, I have this week off while the kiddies run off and do what they do on spring break, and I am able to do some long rides.

There is a long ride on Wedensday morn, but I am out starting next week after the kids come back. And I do a mountain bike ride on Thursday nights. Any ride where the tradition is to drink beer afterwards is my kind of ride.

If you can make it this week, the fig (short for Figueroa mountain) is a epic ride. Andy Hampsted's favorite hill. It's also where Levi found out how tough little Alberto C is. was during their pre-season camp.

Anonymous said...

I know Fig.

Family in Nipomo and Old time CalPoly Grads.

Bradley Park, thats my wifes uncle. Grad from the 30's.

What time and where ya leaving from?

MS