Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Genius of South Park

So, the boys of South Park do it again. They take an important policy issue and put it in perspective. This time, racial profiling. Might have to incorporate this into my ctitical issues class, seeing that I do have the kids debating racial profiling. And as Cartman shows, being a bigot pays off while pulling a Jack Bauer. Who knew that it was the Brits all along.

I really, really, really want to put together a class called South Park and Public Policy.

Immigration: Goo Back to the Future
Elderly Driving/Interest Group Influence: Grey Dawn
Racial Profiling/Interorganizational Coordination: Snuke
Hate Crimes: Carman's Silly Hate Crime
Elections: Douche Bag and a Turd Sandwich
Evironmental Policy: Rainforest Schmainforest
Sexual Harassment: Sexual Harassment Panda
Sex Education: Proper Condom Use

Of course I need tenure before I can pull this one off.

Of course, I really should be putting together my syllabus for my public administration course that I've never taught. Maybe I can incorporate something South Park into that.

No comments: