Monday, March 26, 2007

Everybody's doing it, so why not me.


Alright, so it seems as though the thing to do after one sweats it out in spandex out in the middle of nowhere for nothing more than bragging rights and a velopromo t-shirt is to get online and talk about it. Oh how times have changed. But what the heck, I'll give it a spin.

So here's my 2 cents on my second weekend back at the races after a 11 year hiatus.

First of all, I apparently can't read lap cards, or hear the bell for the bell lap. Here I was, thinking that I'd be setting my teammate up perfectly to win the field sprint at the Hanford crit, but apparently I was a lap early. Sorry Gavin. Next time, I swear.

Of course, I should have been up the road, but I was a lap late in getting up front to make the day's break. My excuse (got to have those post race) is that the legs were missing a bit of pep since I had to chase a break forever and a day the day before at the Orosi rr. But hey, I earned the name nitro out on the open roads of the Sierra foothills so it was all worth it, right? But it is the same familiar theme of days gone by, always just missing the winning move.

One thing's for sure, I definitely got the itch back, and the post race analysis and self criticism. But hey, the legs still seem to cooperate when I tell them to go hard, so that is encouraging. Just need to put them in the right position at the right time. And again, learn to read lap cards. Silly me.

Next race, Copperopolis. And I've got a score to settle with that course.